The Deep Subsurface Storage and Disposal Research Center develops the world-leading cutting-edge green technologies for the sustainable utilization of deep subsurfaces (HLW deep geological disposal, underground energy storage, deep drilling, etc.), and secures the characterization system up to a depth of 5 km.
- (InDEPTH2) Developing 1-5 km deep subsurface characterization technologies and operating a high-temperature and high-pressure geophysical borehole logging system
- (InDEPTH2) Developing a three-dimensional thermal-hydraulic-mechanical (T-H-M) coupled behavior analysis platform based on the continuum software OpenGeoSys and FLAC3D
- (TELLUS) Constructing and operating a multiple geophysical observatories (total of 6 locations) based on deep drilling (~1 km) in the southeastern region to monitoring the data occurred by tectonic movements and earthquakes
- (Deep Geological Disposal) Studying the subsurface characteristics such as geological structure and rock type and so on, for a deep geological disposal of High Level Waste
- (Safety Verification for Disposal) Developing the safety verification tools and methods for regulatory requirement on a deep geological disposal system for the spent nuclear fuel