In order to tackle climate change and meet NDC goals, the CO₂ Geological Storage Research Center is conducting researches to secure large-scale offshore storage sites. Additionally, the Center is developing key technologies on CCS deployment such as physical / chemical stimulation, geomechanical stability, and well-based monitoring technologies.
- Characterization of large-scale CO₂ storage sites and development of geologic model
- Assessment of storage capacity and design optimal CO₂ injection scenario
- Multiscale characterization of CO₂ migration and trapping mechanisms
- Enhancement of CO₂ injectivity and storage efficiency using surfactants
- Development of VSP/ERT/micro-seismic monitoring technologies