As part of the climate change response strategy, the Quaternary Environment Research Center focuses on the study of climate and environmental changes in the Quaternary (past 2.6 million years ago to the present). To solve problems such as climate and ecosystem change today, the Center publishes the Quaternary geological map and various geological thematic maps and reconstructs the Quaternary environmental change from sedimentary records in rivers and wetlands to predict and respond to future climate changes.
- The quaternary climate and environmental change study
- Publication of the quaternary geological map and geological thematic maps and study on the topographic and geological layer
- Study on the environmental changes of sea level and coastal flooding in coastal areas
- Study on the erosion and sedimentation environment in the river basin
- Study on the environmental evaluation of aggregate and stone resources
- Study on the archaelogy, cultural Heritage, and anthropocene