The Geoscience Data Center is building and operating a geoscience data repository to collect and manage various survey and research data systematically in the geoscience research field. To open and share of research data and to build a data-driven collaborative research ecosystem, the Center provides services to the public through the Geo Big data Open Platform (https://data.kigam.re.kr).
- Establishment and operation of Geoscience Data Repository (GDR)
- Geo Big-data open platform development and public service
- Development of integrated search tool and 2D/3D-based visualization system for geoscience and mineral resources
- Development of geoscience research data standard guidelines and quality control/ evaluation system
- CCOP-GDR system technology transfer
- Joint publication of Geo Data Journal