The Mineral Exploration and Mining Research Center systematically investigates national mineral resources through wide-area aero-physical exploration and precise geophysical prospecting. The Center utilizes a mineral exploration data integration platform using 3D geological modeling, drone, and artificial intelligence (AI)-based smart mining technology and researches the convergence of geological technology and information and communication technology to solve geological and social issues.
- Development of potential resources evaluation technology based on 3D geological modeling for energy storage minerals
- Securing new vanadium-containing iron ore in Pocheon area
- Development of hybrid unmanned electronic exploration system
- MOU with Australia's IADA HOLDING PTY LTD on drone exploration
- Development and construction of GeoAI shared platform for Geodata and AI Model
- Development of urban complex geological disaster response technology