The Petroleum Energy Research Center contributes to national resource security by conducting exploration data interpretation and development/production technology research on domestic and foreign petroleum resources. Recently, the Center has been focusing on researches regarding the efficient production and supply of blue hydrogen energy by utilizing oil and gas reservoirs, characterization of carbonate oil reservoirs, and ICT-based digital oil fields.
- Development of Analysis Technology for Petroleum Geology, Geochemistry, and Petroleum System
- Researches on gas hydrate reservoir characterization, reserves estimation, and development and production technology
- Development of enhanced recovery method of eco-friendly shale reservoirs linked to CO2 injection and storage
- Development of Characterization and Modeling Technology for Carbonate Reservoirs
- Development of unconventional reservoir characterization technology such as shale gas, coalbed methane, tight gas, and oil sands
- Technical support for domestic E&P companies to participate in overseas oil and gas field exploration and production projects