Based on the world's best mineral carbonization technology, the Utilization Research Center plays a key role in achieving Korea's CO₂ emission reduction in 2030. The center is aiming to reduce CO₂ and demonstrate mineral carbonization by developing convergence technologies using CO2 and industrial byproducts.
- Development of mineral carbonation and related applied technologies using natural mineral and rocks
- Development of mineral carbonation technologies using industrial byproducts, such as slag, gypsum, concentrated water, and so on
- Development of high value-added carbonate manufacturing and property improvement technology
- Development of technological convergence using CO₂ to respond to climate change
- Demonstration of the process of mineral carbonation