With new challenge of human toward Moon and Mars, the Center for Space Resource Exploration and Utilization (CSREU) focuses on fundamental research on the planetary geology and resources of the Solar System, planetary geoloy and resource exploration, development on space in-situ resource utilization technology, study on planetary environmental analog, development of simulants for Moon, Mars, and asteroid as well as DB services of planetary remote sensing and geological resources. Also, CSREU investigates on space policy, international collaboration, and global scale educational program conjunction with space resource exploration and utilization toward independent space resource development and participation in Artemis program and other international collaborations.
- Development of Danuri Gamma-Ray Spectrometer, production of elemental maps for lunar geology and resources, development on planetary resource exploration technology
- Gamma-ray burst (GRB221009A) detection and gamma-ray background monitoring in deep space
- Development on Space In-Situ Resource Utilization (ISRU) core technology and lunar resource exploration and utilization platform
- Development of planetary payloads of Gamma-ray Spectrometer (GRS), Neutron spectrometer (NS), X-ray Spectrometer (XRS), and Laser-induced Breakdown Spectrometer (LIBS)
- Fundamental research on both geology and resource of planetary materials, errestrial analog, and simulants for the Moon, Mars, and asteroids